East Cambridgeshire Child and Family CentresBack to Activities
Child and Family Centres offer groups, events, activities, courses and support for families with children aged 0-19. As well as centres in Ely, Soham and Littleport, they run activities at libraries, churches and other community venues.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- The centres facilitate parents and carers building friendships and sharing experiences to foster positive mental health.
- They actively promote best practice for child and family health and wellbeing.
- Families can be signposted to access alternative services who are able to give more specific health and wellbeing support.
How to contact
Where to go
Ely Children's Centre
Spring Meadow Nursery School
Soham Children's Centre
The Weatheralls School
Littleport Child and Family Centre
Littleport Community Primary School
- Many activities are free but some are paid for. This depends on the service being offered and may be means tested. Please check their website for the latest information or call if in doubt.
Activities offered include:
- Support groups run by family workers.
- Information and advice about education and childcare.
- Employment, training and benefits advice.
- Drop-in play sessions.
- Child development and special needs.
- Parenting courses.
- A meeting place for parents, carers and childminders.
- Parent led sessions and groups.
- Dads’ groups.
- Health services such as midwives and health visitor clinics.