Ely District ScoutsBack to Activities
Scouts is where young people make new friends, have amazing adventures, and learn new skills. Weekly meetings run by volunteers offer the chance to try something new, whether that is scaling mountains, sharing skills or serving tea; it all makes a huge difference to young people.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Scouting prepares young people with skills for life, supported by amazing leaders delivering an inspiring programme.
- They pride themselves on their inclusivity and do their best to make sure all their members can take part. There is a lot of flexibility within the Scouts programme to meet individual needs.
- Scouting helps young people and volunteer leaders learn a lot about themselves along the way.
How to contact
Where to go
Ely Scout Hut
Saint John's Road
Witchford Village College
- Trial session.
- Training for adults.
- There is a membership fee.
- Scouting welcomes people aged 6 -25 to join, as well as adult volunteers
- As well as the many activities, scouts get to hang out with their friends every week – having fun, playing games, working in a team and taking on new challenges.
- The Ely district has 8 different Scout groups, 2 Explorer Scout Units and is home of the Chipmunks Network Scout Unit for 18-25 year olds.