Ely & District Volunteer CentreBack to Activities
Ely & District Volunteer Centre match people who want to volunteer with organisations needing volunteers. They also promote good practice, campaign on issues affecting volunteers and help develop new opportunities.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Volunteering can make you feel valued which boosts morale, self-worth and thereby confidence
- There is the potential to learn new skills
- It gives you the opportunity to make new friends and connect with co-workers and others in your community
How to contact
Where to go
What to expect?
- Regular volunteering – A couple of hours a week or days a month enabling a regular position within an organisation to take up a role such as administration/ reception or befriending.
- One off volunteering – Attending community and fundraising events, seasonal gift wrapping, event stewards, collecting/ delivering donation boxes.
- Micro volunteering – is commitment free volunteering in short timeframes – usually under 2 hours.
- Beneficiary volunteering – Service users giving back to an organisation that offered them support.