Volunteer with Age UK CAPBack to Activities
Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. They need volunteers to help with activities, companionship, advice and support for older people.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Feeling like you are doing something valuable and worthwhile is a great boost!
- It helps to reduce isolation and loneliness, which can have a negative impact upon health and well-being.
- Making friends increases your support network.
“I have met so many amazing people while volunteering, and it really makes my day when I see that I’ve made a difference to someone!”
How to contact
Where to go
Ely CB7 4QN
Why not become a volunteer with Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (CAP)? Volunteering can provide many benefits including improving your own mental health, reducing loneliness, meeting new people, keeping active, engaging with community activities, sharing skills or acquiring new skills, making a difference, feeling valued, and gaining confidence.
Opportunities with Age UK CAP include:
- Sharing Time Visitor
- Telephone Befriender
- Day Service Support Volunteer
- Friendship Club Volunteer (also club lead, treasurer, secretary)
- Volunteer shopper, and
- Welfare check contact caller
Contact them to find out how you can help!