Age UK Cambridgeshire and PeterboroughBack to Support
Age UK Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. They provide companionship, advice and support for older people, their families and carers.
How to contact
Where to go
Age UK CAP (Cambridgeshire & Peterborough) provides information and advice, opportunities to socialise, and practical support.
They also offer support to carers of older people, enabling respite time and accessing appropriate services.
Age UK CAP has lots of fun activities for older people to participate in as well.
Free services include:
- Information & Advice (over the phone)
Available for a fee:
- Friendship Clubs (attending a club to to make friends and take part in activities, some also include a hot meal)
- Community Wardens (daily contact to check on wellbeing and do small errands)
- Handyperson Service (practical solutions to people living in their own home, such as: falls prevention, general DIY, home energy checks and actions to reduce your energy bills, and making adaptions to your home like grabrails and additional stair banisters)
- Home Support (housework, shopping or accompanied shopping)
Different costs apply depending on the service. Please contact them for information.